Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Tell me I'm hot, damnit! (or, at least the sushi was good)

Tell me I'm hot, damnit*

I'm going to say this about my job before I go into my weekend. I just found out I have a second cubicle in another office.

My company was planning to open a branch located in my coverage territory for a different property and told me I'd be able to stop by and use it if I wanted to.

This was several months ago. The branch opened and I was handed a phone list for the new office. Whose name do I see listed among the residing staff? Who also has a private number? That would be me, folks.

So now I have two cubicles in two different offices and two phone numbers ( four, if you count the cells) and I have only one question...

Can I trade in two cubicles for one small office at the location of my choice?

I mean, how does that work. If I somehow acquire three cubicles can I trade that in for a company car? At what point do I rate an office with a big window? Is that like two cubicles, one fax machine and a stapler?

How does one acquire a cubicle anyway? I hate possessions, so the idea of one cubicle (symbol of the utter dehumanization of the corporate world) was bad enough. Now two!

Really, I need to pay more attention to things.

sushi1

Blair


sushi4

Desiree (and this makes me laugh, because she IS a dancer {although it's ballet and modern jazz} and therefore still adheres to the "girls with names that end in two EEs are doomed to become dancers Law) weighs seven pounds. I can pick her up with one arm. She thinks I'm hot but won't admit it.


sushi2


sushi3


sushi5

Blair and I got the exact same fortune. I have no idea what that means except the restaurant went cheap on the cookies.

sushi6


*I seem to be offending a lot of people lately and just want to apologize to the world. I haven't been right for a while, and I'm just begining to feel good about myself again and have been saying a lot of things without really thinking about them as I come back into a decent cycle of mood and self-esteem. So, sorry people. I feel like I mean good.

I had battled self-esteem issues a lot. Had them beat, was really good, and then got flattened again early this year.

And when you're the complete package, like I am, people have no sympathy for poor social skills or low self-esteem, let me tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home