Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Random thought on charity and back feathers

I just wanted to let a couple of photographs from the charity event out.

I am pretty shady with the face shots, so these are the last you'll see for a while.*

Since this was a charity event for Hurricane victims,** I'm letting it pass.

dancook3

This is me laughing at myself. I do that a lot. I had just realized there were 700 people taking me seriously. Some of them actually believed I could cook. I had to sign autographs for the culinary students.***


dancook6

This is a plate of food. Fresh tuna, Genoa salami, Romano cheese, garlic, butter, basil, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Good stuff, but I was honestly just digging through the refrigerator after a night of partying when I first made this recipe. Everything tastes good at 3:30 a.m.****

dancook4

Honestly, grinding fresh romano takes some serious concentration. I kept hoping when I would turn around the audience would have magically disappeared. They didn't.


dancook5

My pan. With fresh tuna in it. I am still happy for my scoop, sad for my saute.

dancook1

Just so you don't think I'm too normal, since you're getting face today:

1. I have five nipples. Three are noticeable (the two regular and one of the vestigial.)

2. I have a feather or something growing out of my back, just out of reach of a pair of tweezers. I hoping that I'm sprouting wings.

------------------------------------------------------------

*Yes, I know you're thankful I don't show the face much.

**Yes, I know the hurricane was forever ago. People still need help.

***For real, but I think they had to have proof they were there for class. As if the video cameras and still photographers weren't enough. Of course they were culinary students and therefore a little insane. Good insane.

****Except for Sheetz salads. I hate all salads.

3 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger JulieGong said...

5 nipples... interesting.

um as for the stat counter... you can either search others blogs for one you like or the site i use isn't terrible (it doesn't keep an on-going log which drives me crazy but i'm too lazy to actually care) and if you click on it you can set up your own account. (its at the bottom of my blog if you're looking for it)

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks to me like you could have ironed your shirt a little bit before hand....

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Dan said...

See, was that so hard? It was the end of a long day, and I really did not have any idea there were going to be that many people there. I would have stayed in my suit in hindsight. I'm literally swimming in most of my clothes now. It's a nice problem to have

 

Post a Comment

<< Home